DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Voluntary work - Can anyone make use of me?

Posted by harpo-187362 - Created: 13 years ago
0 0

Hi,

I'm one of the happy 2,5 million unemployed and am bored out of my mind!  Does anyone know of any local voluntary organisations that could make use of a fit, young at heart, computer literate person for a day or so each week? 

I'm open to almost everything that doesn't involve animals - it isn't that I hate cats and dogs but I'd prefer not to work with them!!

Cheers, andy

Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by indofrenchguy - 13 years ago

Cher HarpoJust read ur distress call siren...tell me what all u dont like ..and what all u would not like doing!!!and WHY?also what u would truly like doing that would give u inner happiness and joy!If u give honest and deep heartfelt answers i could do something or create something fr u.Ur buddy Dr P.K.Saint RaphaelEMAIL:drpk59@yahoo.com

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dhyana-196567 - 13 years ago

Hi Andy,

There is an organization called  Les Restos du Coeur : http://www.restaurantsducoeur.com/

Basically, they feed the hungry, regardless of their nationality.

I don't know where you live, but they have an 'outlet' in just about every 'major' town in France where there are hungry people.  In Antibes there's one for example.  They are French, so if you don't speak the language, it's a great way to learn.

Oh .... and they are NOT religious.

dhyana.