DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Wanadoo ADSL Connection

Posted by jaybongo-195239 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by reinrev5 - 14 years ago

Not free but it isn't, expensive in comparison with Wanadoo.

As for always down I can't agree. As of 4:30PM almost daily, I've givien up trying to pick up my mail at work, through Wanadoo. I don't have as many problems with Free at home. Maybe it depends on the time of day and whether it's a work-day or weekend?

Sorry no image available
Posted by jjoepage - 14 years ago

Yeah, I heard its always down and not free

Sorry no image available
Posted by reinrev5 - 14 years ago

Haven't any of you guys heard about free.fr ?

Sorry no image available
Posted by jjoepage - 14 years ago

Why doesn't the manual connection work?  I have Wanadoo, I HATE their aweful user interface and would never let their disk within 50 meters of my property.  But, with XP, I just set up the manual connection and everything is great; really great in fact.

btw, I had to call wanadoo because they reassigned my username and password, they refuse to speak english, they kept hanging up on every call; I called 8 times, spend 4 hours total on hold at .34 euros per minutes; that's 80 euros total, before I begged a nice fellow to speak English.  He said he could get fired; that it was forbidden; he spoke very softly and told me my new password in 30 seconds; I am up and running again.  There is a very senior Anglophobe at France Telecom.  I have to laugh.  *) euros is nothing to laugh at, but I still have to laugh.  France is nuts when it comes to their insecurity of the English language taking over.  Forbidding English when the customer and employee both speak it perfectly is pretty funny.  Is it any wonder the popularity of internet and broadband is so low in France?  I am surprised France hasn't outlawed the internet since most of it is in English - we could just go back to minitel since it is pretty much the same thing and was invented by the French.

Sorry no image available
Posted by rosetta-185721 - 14 years ago

Yep, I hate the way wanadoo has "taken over" my computer and there's no way to get round it via a manual installation. I installed the latest mis en jour and it's now become my default search engine too. I'm moving to Tiscali...

Sorry no image available
Posted by kjlag-193902 - 14 years ago

I too use XP and recently installed the Extense 1024 external modem.  The only problem I have it that once logged on it seems to create a new login and needs a password.  I cannot find the solution and simply just delete the unwanted login from the tools/accounts/Mail tab, then my account seems to work perfectly.  You can change some of the settings in the configuration box to reflect your programmes. I use Outlook Express as my default.

Other than that the only way I found my way around it and to ensure I installed properly was to search for Wanadoo.fr on Google and hit the translate this page icon.  It's in pigeon English but you can follow your way through.

There are people on this site that can help you and I am sure you will get further replies.