DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

We're moving to France - Can anyone help?

Posted by Kat-190968 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Hi all,

The Riviera is such a large area - can anyone suggest a good town to move with young children?? (4 and 1 years old.)

Thanks for any info!

Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kath-190882 - 14 years ago

Hello.  We live in Mandelieu.  Can anywhere help me with some summer schools for my kids?  My kids are 3 and 5 years old.

Thanks

Katherine

Sorry no image available
Posted by Paul_A-184148 - 14 years ago

Hi Kat,

I'm not sure there.  There is a lot for the kids here, but mainly due to the geography and weather of the area.  I think that there may be more for kids in the Mougins/valbonne area, but is is more busy there too.

Sorry no image available
Posted by anthonyb-187880 - 14 years ago

Hi we are also in Vence. Moved here 7 weeks ago. We have three boys 10,12 & 13. They are all now in French Schools. Plenty on English Speaking friends live locally. There are after school sports such as Soccer and Karate etc.

Its also away from the Tourist Madness which becomes very important in the Summer Months. 20 Mins drive to Nice Airport.

Quite but has everything you need except a Pub that stays open after 7.30pm. I suppose I cant have it every way !!. Like US Im sure you will all make friends quickly .

Kind Regards
Anthony Brophy

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kat-190968 - 14 years ago

Hi,

Thanks for your reply :). Would I be right in thinking then that Nice + surrounding area is one of the best places for kids: where there are lots of activities for them (incl possibly in English?) I noticed that many of the bilingual schools are relatively close to there.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Paul_A-184148 - 14 years ago

We're in Vence with young children 2 years and 5 years.  Its great, not too busy but with all the shops you need, there is a good nursery school.