DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Weather Help...

Posted by kegan5 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Aroncb - 14 years ago

Do you mean http://www.freesticky.com/.  Freestickys.com wasnt working.  Thanks for the tip thats a good one. 

Of course the best content is indivual content :-)  Sets you aside from the rest.

With free you get what you pay for :-) Unwanted Adverts which aren't normaly customised for your audience. 

Also watch where you put your pop up boxes.  I moved from middle of nowheres ville to top results with my sites when I removed my JS pop up survey boxes. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by OK-186520 - 14 years ago

... also try www.freestickys.com which is all types of 'stick ons' for your web site as well as www.thefreesite.com which also has webmaster tools (among other things).

Sorry no image available
Posted by OK-186520 - 14 years ago

Not that we are experts, but i believe that you can use an XML feed to retrieve the weather data from another site (the weather channel offer a free XML feed) and then if you know what you are doing display it on your page in the format you wish.

The myHTPC software program uses just such a plugin for its weather module, so it is possible.

Hope this helps.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Audacious - 14 years ago

You don't gotta pay! There is a very useful weather site, dedicated normally to the wind-surfers of the world, but if you insert the latitude and longitude of the city you are in (found on any mappy website), then an accurate update is found.www.windguru.cz It is Czech, but there is an english version.I have been using it for a couple of months now, and it is a million times more reliable than anything anything else I've seen. It predicted this cold snap over a week ago!Check it out.

Sorry no image available
Posted by mike-179830 - 14 years ago

Then you gotta pay...

Sorry no image available
Posted by kegan5 - 14 years ago

Thanks I have tried them already, its not what I'm looking for...

I want the user to be able to click on a link which brings up a small window showing only the forecast for Nice etc...

I dont want anyother links etc

Kate

Sorry no image available
Posted by mike-179830 - 14 years ago

If you want free, you'll get external links/branding.

Try www.meteoconsult.fr or www.weatherunderground.com

Mike