DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Website making question...

Posted by Toasty-184393 - Created: 15 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Toasty-184393 - 15 years ago

Thanks, Bunny's boyfriend.   I might get in touch soon. 

Toasty

Sorry no image available
Posted by bunny-189601 - 15 years ago

Hello Toasty

If you find the javascript coding a little over your head I could show you how to make flash elements for your page, they have the same capabilities as javascript applets but for some are easier to understand. Flash also is really easy to learn and has more graphical possibilities. Contact me if you would like me to show you.

My email is me@williambardebes.com

cheers (bunny's boyfriend).

Sorry no image available
Posted by Toasty-184393 - 15 years ago

Great!   I have emailed you some details.    I'll buy you a drink and let me know if you need any sewing done!   

T

Sorry no image available
Posted by irishman-180738 - 15 years ago

Hi Toasty,

your pricing can be done in several ways. You could use Javascript in the browser to calculate the price and display it on screen. This method is quite easy to implement but means that teh browser has to be enabled for javascript.

The other possibility is if your webserver has any scripting possibilities such as PHP or ASP. If this is the case then you can have the user enter in the measurements and submit the form. The server would then do the calculations and return the result to the browser.

Let me know if you want to pursue either of these routes and I can thrrow together some sample code for you.

/Irishman