DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Wedding Help.

Posted by weddinghelpplease - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Dear Everybody.My partner and I live in England.Our dream is to marry on the 17th of September 2004 in the South of France.Our ideal would be near St.Tropez as our reception is there and it is where all our dream holidays and memories are.We understand we may not be able to marry in a church but we would do anything to be blessed in a church .Please please help.Any advice or recommendations would be most appreciated.Thank you.WeddingHelpplease.

Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Yvo-192378 - 14 years ago

We are planning a wedding here too and  we must go to the townhall, or Maire for a legal wedding but plan to have a blessing in a local church the following week; You could contact the local tourist office for a list of the churches in the area and then probally contact them directly. Good luck!!

Yvonne

Sorry no image available
Posted by NadiaG-192314 - 14 years ago

HI,

In order to get married in a church, you need to have signed a civil wedding first. In order to do this is France, you need to live in the commune where the  civil wedding will be celebrated. (A close parent living there can be enough, or even a friend, if they can certify that you're living with them)

You have to remember that most churchs are Catholic here, and they will require that you are too. They will ask you to bring your exact details of the church where you were Christened. If one of you is not Catholic, it can still be done depending of the priests opinion.

You need to ring the Church where you want to get married to finds out exactly what they require. If you do not speak French, I am happy to help.

Best regards,

Nadia

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tigger-191229 - 14 years ago

oops. sorry - that one too...

Sorry no image available
Posted by mike-179830 - 14 years ago

You can also see AngloINFO's own INFOrmation Page on Getting married in France**************
Mike

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tigger-191229 - 14 years ago

My partner and I live in the South of France, and are just starting the whole process of getting married here. As far as I can tell, you can have a church ceremony here, you just have to have a civil one first. So the best thing would be to have a small civil wedding in the UK where it is simple, and then have it blessed in a church here. Confetti.com have a weddings abroad section, but you could also look at http://chateauweddings.com/ for ideas.... and hints. The british embassy website in france has a section on marriage here too...Hope that helps a little...Sean.