DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

What do you miss in Cote d'Azur ?

Posted by em06 - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Wednesday-319687 - 5 years ago

Shops being open on a sunday. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Sarah S-306737 - 5 years ago

I miss good Yorkshire folk, kind open people and having a real good laugh at silly things. Everything is so serious here. Also miss the four season and the smell of Autumn, then Bon fire night mist and sat by the pub fire having a cider. I miss many things but being away for a long time seems to be the only way to really appreciate what you had.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Earthling-217786 - 5 years ago

What do you miss in Cote d'Azur ?

Well nothing of course,it is the most wonderful place on earth,everything one could wish for is here on the cote d'azur,I think it is fantastic I couldn't imagine living anywhere else now after spending time in this 'Paradise',plus of course there is always AI there.

Sorry no image available
Posted by A Breath of Fresh Air - 5 years ago

I miss the 'early bar', chance to stop off and natter over a drink at the end of the a day's work.  There just doesn't seem to be that kind of convivial bar here where you can easily mix with friends you don't yet know.

Louisa

Sorry no image available
Posted by rwszc - 5 years ago

I miss normal drivers.... Tired of 06 road rage lol

Sorry no image available
Posted by ESS-209984 - 5 years ago

Sunday Times on the Ipad is the way forward - full edition, and lots of interactive stuff as well. Plus a lot cheaper than the Marseilles printed version, and you get the Times each day as well.

Miss a good department store though, used to like nothing more than mooching around John Lewis. Online does not do the same for me, I like to see and feel clothes before I buy! I used to love just being inspired by the displays of clothes, household and kitchen departments...

However, every time I go back to the UK, I have a lot of fun, but am so pleased to return to France at the end of the trip!

Sorry no image available
Posted by cheryl-180648 - 5 years ago

I really miss the Sunday supplements in the papers, makes me really angry to pay twice as much for half the paper! Also miss the humour and the manners. Customer non-service here is awful. Seems like in France the customer is always wrong!

Sorry no image available
Posted by arletty69 - 5 years ago

I miss the weather! Torrential rain, howling gale of wind! Listening to the wind and rain at night, in bed!

This wall to wall sunshine practically every day is boring!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Leelou - 5 years ago

Thanks for this so-positive point of view about CDA ! I'm french, I live in VAR - Fréjus- which is a very pleasant place, not too crowded, surrounded with forests and the sea ... and quite easy to have very good friends, open minded on other cultures and foreign people; Sorry for those who miss their country so much !

Sorry no image available
Posted by BLUEFIN-193689 - 5 years ago

Oh without a doubt a proper pint of bitter in an English pub with a beer garden