DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

WHAT DOES " LEASE HOLD " MEAN???

Posted by spankerit - Created: 15 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by spankerit - 15 years ago

""errrm...  strange question to ask on AngloInfo.""

No!! Is not strange!!...to ask question to AngloInfothat...I have put this message because no one answered that question  to me,...sorry!!! If i caused you any problem but at least I got my answer...Thanks to the forum....do I haven to say any more. Thanks

Sorry no image available
Posted by Cultureless Yoof - 15 years ago

the answer to the original question is 'no' (well on this side of the pond anyway) the term lease hold means that you have leased the land, building etc but at the end of the lease you will not be able to buy the land but you could renew your lease.  That kind of contract can be used for many things, a big market for it is pubs.  You can take out a 20 year lease on the plot and that plot is yours for the 20 years but at the end of that you do not own the pub the land or any of the original fixtures.  Bottom line is that it is a fixed term contract on a plot, with the option to renew at the end of the contract.

go and see a solicitor!! 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Admin-179828 - 15 years ago

moved to the General Forum by admin-----
Forums Administrator
forums@angloinfo.com

Sorry no image available
Posted by legend_in_my_lunchtime-182603 - 15 years ago

errrm...  strange question to ask on AngloInfo.

What jurisdiction are you talking about?  "Lease hold" (sic) is not a French word so it is immediately outside of the special focus/interest of AI.  Furthermore - placing your question under "Jobs Wanted" is a novel way to start a discussion.