DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

where can I buy wood for a log burner?

Posted by hoof hearted-248294 - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Civsmurf - 5 years ago

There isn't really a "norm" as such. As an example, Oak or Olive burns slower than pine, but they are more expensive than pine. A lot of people order mixed steres, which is a reasonable compromise, although some companies tend to put more "cheap quality" wood in their mixes than others do for the same price...

You can also look up companies on Internet by researching "livraison bois de chauffage".

NB: It's often cheaper to place orders a couple of months before the winter season, and depends on :

- the town they want it delivered to,

- the size of the logs (this can vary depending on the log burner itself),

- the number of stères they want,

- what type of wood they want.

Hope this helps,

Sorry no image available
Posted by hoof hearted-248294 - 5 years ago

My friend has occasional fires, so would not be burning huge amounts, but would probably want to place an annual order.

The wood burner is in their lounge, but as for type of wood - what is the norm?

reading the previous advice is oak or beech standard?

Thanks

H.H

Sorry no image available
Posted by Civsmurf - 5 years ago

Would this be a one-off order or does your friend need regulary delivery ? Where does the wood need to be delivered, what type of wood, and what quantity does he/she need?

If you could fill me in with the required information, I can try to help you find something appropriate as I have quite a few contacts down here who sell and deliver wood, but it all depends on what you are really looking for :-)

Kind Regards,

Sorry no image available
Posted by nissalabella - 5 years ago

I have a fire place and recently had a delivery from a place in La Colle sur Loup called STRAPUTICARI, tel 0493326043.  I only order oak or beech. They only deliver for a quantity of 2 steres - about 2 cubic meters - and more, I paid 196 euro for 2 sterese including delivery.

Hope this helps your friend,

N.