DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

where do I buy a tv

Posted by mjwlr - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Simm-190709 - 14 years ago

HI THERE, I bought mine at Ubaldi, Nice West, it is a discount store and they have a great choice, same models as at Fnac, but cheaper.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Andrew.Wilk - 14 years ago

Darty, at Rue Notre Dame, Nice,  or FNAC in the Nice Etoiles, Av Jean Medicin. They both have websites, and I can vouch for Darty as professional and efficient.

cheers

Andrew

Sorry no image available
Posted by szozu - 14 years ago

I bought one from Cdiscount and they were totally unhelpful when the TV went on the blink a couple of months later. My husband ended up calling the factory to find out where the nearest authorized repair shop was and then we had to haul the TV all the way to Nice.

I'll be glad when flat screen TVs are the norm, so that you can just put one under your arm and take it to be repaired, instead of putting your back out as you huff and puff your way down the stairs with a 70 cm TV.

I also bought a stereo from Planete and they didn't bother telling me that the item was out of stock and would never again be in stock. They did charge my VISA three times and then no one could do a thing to rectivy it because the accountant was on holiday for the next few weeks!

Lana

Sorry no image available
Posted by d-181895 - 14 years ago
Sorry no image available
Posted by MSM2000UK-181816 - 14 years ago

The B and O shop is on Bvd du Moulins now in Monaco

Sorry no image available
Posted by tarquin-188748 - 14 years ago

This is a tough question....

But if you're looking for an English speaker try the Bang and Olufsen shop on Ave Princesse Grace in Monaco. The guy there is rather helpful.

...But the choice there is limited of course.

On French TV lately there was a program about how the guys in the larger chain stores are set weekly targets and get commission on their sales, which is sometimes higher on certain models. So if you want to avoid the BS, do some research on the internet and identify what model of TV you want and then shop around.

The BS is easily avoided if the guys in the shops see that you know what you want.