DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Where in Nice to buy studios for holiday lets?

Posted by Jane Fryer - Created: 10 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jane Fryer - 10 years ago

Hello Touchka, thanks but its the works that will make the profit. Another good central area though.Jane Fryer

Sorry no image available
Posted by touchka-209658 - 10 years ago

My son has a small flat for sale just behind ave Jean Medecin in a quite street, it's central and near everything. For the past 10 years it has always been rented out, to students during the university year and then to foreign students studying French in the summer, it's not far from a school, and it's a good investment. Only problem it has been completly renovated ready for selling. Flats for renovation are very hard to find.

Sorry no image available

Thanks for last message but I was not considering furnishings in renovations. I am talking ripping out bathrooms and installing American kitchens, maybe creating a bedroom etc etc. The price would have to be much lower as a result. Thanks anyway to everyone for suggestions. I think its a toss up between major roads in the port, maybe with a view, the old town and the zone pietonne. Musicians quarter is supposed to be trendy but I am not at all sure why and its further from the sea.Jane Fryer

Sorry no image available
Posted by king cantona - 10 years ago

I have a studio flat, 36m sq with 6msq balcony, up from Nice port, view to die for, could well be renovated as some of the furnishings are now 20 years old. Pool and parking. Keen to sell quite soon to!

250, 000 euros

Sorry no image available

The port seems to come up a few times actually and the prices seem more reasonable. Definitely worth a thought but which roads in the port? and should one have a view?Jane Fryer

Sorry no image available
Posted by esther06 - 10 years ago

Hi Jane,

I am working in holiday rentals and would propose you Nice Port. Not too expensive, beaches next door, the old town at 5 minutes walking, busstops, good restaurants, etc. Good luck!

Sorry no image available

Yes, that is where the profit lies, in doing our own renovations. We have the skills between us. Its hard to find places needing work because local standards are not as high and places are not listed as needing traveaux. Often I look at places which need ripping out but the seller thinks its just fine so the price is on the high side.Jane Fryer

Sorry no image available
Posted by mansardus - 10 years ago

Are you going to do/arrange the renovations yourself?

Sorry no image available

Yes, I had this in mind the old town although the noise put me off. Many folk said that if its only for a week that people would rather have the noise and be in the middle of things. I would be looking for properties to renovate so probably go through a local french agent. I also wondered about the pedestrian zone but which is also busy.Jane Fryer

Sorry no image available
Posted by mansardus - 10 years ago

If it's for holiday lets, probably in the Old Town would be ideal. However, not many of the buildings have lifts. It's easy to get the airport bus to Gare Routiere then walk. Also very handy for the the flower market in Cour Seleya and the Promenade des Angles, Castle Hill and Port. Lots of little artisinal shops, bars and restaurants. It's also easy to get buses from Gare Routiere to tour the areas beyond Nice. It will be even better when they start the new tram system which will go up the main shopping street and will make it easier to get to the train station. Depends how much you want to spend. However it can be very noisy: children playing in the streets; music from the numerous bars; revellers at night etc. Try www.totallyriviera.com to give you an idea of locations and prices.