DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Where to buy German beer?

Posted by apsona-182034 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by shane- - 13 years ago

pub thor in the cours saleya sells pints of paulaner.good strong beer!!s k

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 14 years ago

Apsona

I was told about an 'international' bottle store in Mouans Sartoux near McDonalds. I haven't been there but will check it out one day as I'm told it has an impressive range of whiskies and imported beers,  and I'll let you know.

The SW of France is quite different from the Cote D'Azur !  Anyway,  viel Gluck!

Sorry no image available
Posted by hewe - 14 years ago

Guten Tag apsona,

during the summer month you may find German beer at Carrefour in Antibes: Beck's, Bitburger, Erdinger Weizen, Paulaner...

Sorry no image available
Posted by apsona-182034 - 14 years ago

Thanks to all but not quite what i was looking for. Regarding the "head in the clouds" comment, thanks MikeP but I have actually lived in the south west of france for 2 years prior to my time in Germany so my head is pretty much below the clouds!  Back to the beer .. .when i lived in Toulouse there used to be a German Shop which sold good german beer that is only normally available in Germany, so i am looking for something the same. There are a few English food shops so why not German?! Maybe i should ask the german speaking society/community. Thanks to all for your suggestions anyway.   

Sorry no image available

If, as you say, "My only worry is the french beer" I fear you may need to take your head out of the clouds and think about some of the REAL problems you may face.

By the way some French beer is drinkable .... well .... almost .... if you're desperate ........!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Doug-181340 - 14 years ago

I know it's not strictly what you asked for, but if you're ever on a  shopping trip in Nice and need a quick refreshment, there's a great little bar that sells Warsteiner on draft: Le Cénac on rue Biscarra. It's just on the side street between the North side of Nice Etoile and Monoprix.

Click here for a map.

The food looks good too, but I haven't tried it yet. I feel an exploratory lunch coming on...

Sorry no image available
Posted by belamica-188434 - 14 years ago

Apsona,

You can get Finkbräu Hefe Weissbier and other Finkbräu beers at Lidl in Ventimiglia, just next to the COOP.  Sometimes they have Löwenbräu, all depends on what the trucks send down.

Proscht!

belamica

Sorry no image available
Posted by mike-179830 - 14 years ago

A wide selection of excellent Belgian beers is also readily available if you don't fancy the Alsace style. Plus, of course, the lighter Dutch-style beers (Heineken, mainly) and, as MikeP points out, some Germans. And, of course, Guinness...**************
Mike

Sorry no image available

Apart from Paulaner,  I've not seen any of the others.

Our local supermarket stocks Warsteiner and Bitburger (which happen to be my favourites!)  I am sure you wil lbe able to get the others if you look around but they will be far more expensive than in DE.