Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


Where to File a Complaint?

Posted by Villa10-186704 - Created: 16 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by szozu - 16 years ago

The person who owns a rental property next door to my rental property, told me that a very swish agency that boasts about handling only the very best apartments and charges accordingly, left one of her apartments with major items missing (such as iron and ironing board) and with dirty dishes in the cupboards. She was never compensated.


Sorry no image available
Posted by legend_in_my_lunchtime-182603 - 16 years ago

The government agency that is competent to handle these complaints is "la commission départementale de conciliation".  I produced a summary of this procedure on AI at this link.  Sometimes if you were just to produce an intended copy of the lettre recommandée and show it in advance to the other party, demonstrating that you are knowledgable and serious, it might lead them to reason without you being forced to follow through.  You can always have the bad luck of falling foul of a real bad character/company but as this procedure is free of legal costs and as it means that they will surely be "convoqué" and have their trading reputation brought into question, they may suddenly come to the conclusion that discretion is the better part of valour.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Monaco Max-189694 - 16 years ago

As one of the more professional estate agents on the CdA I would be happy to point you in the right direction. Please email me with your full details. There are too many irresponsible agents on the CdA and it is up to the rest of us to protect our own reputations by seeing that rogues are brought to book.

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 16 years ago

Try your local Antenne de Justice.  Good luck, and persist.