DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Where to live nice?

Posted by chriswalk - Created: 13 years ago
0 0

Hello,

Can anyone offer suggestions? I want to make this year the year that I get a place to live on the cote. Thing being that since my work commitments are heaviest in the summer, I want to mostly spend time during the winter/autumn/spring here and so I prefer to be in the city and not an emptied summer resort. I enjoy cafes, bars, cinema, theatre and many of the things of the city that I have found in Nice before. What do people really think of Nice as a place to live? Are there any areas to really avoid, any that are really pleasant (given the problems all cities invariably face)? Is the centre or seafront the best bet?

Thank you for any help.

Chris

Sorry no image available

1 reply

Sorry no image available
Posted by peter last - 13 years ago

Hi Chris, we are in the middle of buying a small holiday apartment in Nice and spent a lot of time looking at the different areas.

We eventually settled for around the Musiciens quarter because it is close to the prom and shops and station, not far from the airport and has loads of restaurants/bars/cinemas nearby, it also is a residential area so there are lots of shops and supermarkets close by.

We did look at Vieux Nice also but decided that although it is very pretty and lively,it does look a bit dodgy late at night and access is a bit tricky.

Anyway, yes- Nice is a brilliant place, so go find somewhere quick! If you need an immoblier to help, I know a great British girl.

Peter