DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

who phoned me

Posted by angloinfoaddict-197011 - Created: 13 years ago
0 0

Does anyone know if there is a number you can dial to find out who the last person was that called you?

Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by No.6 - 13 years ago

Miss Varna, read the 2nd and 3rd postings of this thread again! : finding out who's behind the number is a separate trick (once you have the number of the person who rang you! ;-)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Miss Varna - 13 years ago

Well since I did not pick up the phone, 3131 was the right choice for me, I did find out the number....but not who it belongs to! ;-)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Humptydingo-180377 - 13 years ago

If I remember correctly 1471 told you who the caller was EVEN IF you had picked up the receiver and talked to someone who had dialled a wrong number, a hoax caller or a heavy breathing call, whereas 3131 will tell you the number ONLY if you have NOT picked up the receiver (except if it is an international call or some calls from mobiles).  This can be annoying but there is not an FT number to ring to know who your caller is after you have actually picked up the receiver.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Miss Varna - 13 years ago

Is such service also available for mobile phones?

Some imbecile rang me at 7.40am on my landline and I did not pick it up, then it rang again and it was an Orange voice server telling me there was a message for me  and when I wanted to listen to it there was nothing... So I then called 3131 and found out the number, but it is unknown to me and when I called there was only the voice mail which did not say who is behind the number either....

Sorry no image available
Posted by NadiaG-192314 - 13 years ago

3131 is the answer then, same as UK1471 or whatever it was...See you soon, Nadia

Sorry no image available
Posted by angloinfoaddict-197011 - 13 years ago

Hi all, I'm not trying to find out who a certain number is, its just that I forgot to put the answerphone on and I didnt answer it in time, I was wondering if I could find out what the number was so I can call them back.

Thank you

Sorry no image available

Thanks, Nadia!   Next time I get a mystery call at 5am, I'll owe you at least 50 cents!

Sorry no image available
Posted by NadiaG-192314 - 13 years ago

HI Brenda, There is also a free service if you want to find who's behind a number : www.ctqui.comNadia

Sorry no image available

Try 3131.

Also, if you still don't know who's behind the number, you can pay €0.50 to find out from the yellow pages, here:  http://www.pagesjaunes.fr/pi.cgi