DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Whoops gained a few pounds - where do I shop?

Posted by pasane-187166 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Cassini-187302 - 13 years ago

Try looking at diffusionetessile.it. You can also see what is in stock on the website. Genoa is 2.5 hours from Ventimiglia on the motorway.

Sorry no image available
Posted by amj-196349 - 13 years ago

I found the Ronde et Belle shop in Nice, 16 Ave Victor Hugo. It wasn't cheap-I bought a jacket, trousers and 2 tops for 200euros-but the quality was good and it's nice to have something smart. The range is designed for large women rather than a standard garments made bigger.

The assistant was magic. She knew her stock and put me an outfit together in no time and, no, she didn't steer me in the direction of the expensive stuff which happened at Marina Rinaldi at Cap 3000 where I did pay a fortune.

Where is the MaxMara outlet mall near Genoa and how long does it take to get there?

Sorry no image available
Posted by MarkFrench - 13 years ago

Hi Pasane

I have sent a mail to you, please have a look into your mail box

Mark French... from French riviera...

Sorry no image available
Posted by Cassini-187302 - 14 years ago

Do try the Marina Rinaldi, Persona and Elena Miro ranges. Printemps or other large french department stores may carry some of these ranges. There is certainly a shop in central Nice and one in San Remo. There is an outlet shop for the whole MaxMara range in Genoa - if you are ever in that direction. Oviesse in Ventimiglia has an interesting collection of stylish and economical clothes. There is a Vestebene discount outlet shop near the Park in central Ventimiglia they have some of the Elena Miro range at economy prices.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Olga Cauvin - 14 years ago

I just want to say thanks for asking about "Womens Sizes" since the only place I have found just a couple of things has been Kiabi in La Bocca. I will also be trying the one in Villenueve Loubet as well as the other store mentioned. I looked at the internet website suggested for the shoes and it looks promising for those of us without "Cinderella feet".

Again thanks since I desperately needed some shoes for the summer and its too expensive to write home in the States and have them sent.

New Yorker

Sorry no image available
Posted by Olga Cauvin - 14 years ago

I just want to say thanks for asking about "Womens Sizes" since the only place I have found just a couple of things has been Kiabi in La Bocca. I will also be trying the one in Villenueve Loubet as well as the other store mentioned. I looked at the internet website suggested for the shoes and it looks promising for those of us without "Cinderella feet".

Again thanks since I desperately needed some shoes for the summer and its too expensive to write home in the States and have them sent.

New Yorker

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jan-181414 - 14 years ago

There is also a very nice shop in Mougins called Ronde and Belle. Good if you want something for a special occasion.

For mail order try www.ullapopken.fr
                or      www.taillissime.fr 

Taillissime has shoes upto size 45

Jan
'anything for an easy life'

Sorry no image available
Posted by SJ-190944 - 14 years ago

Kiabi and Le Halle in Villeneuve Loubet (on the RN7) both carry "Women's" sizes.  Isn't it funny, too, how it seems that French women must all be blessed with small to average feet, since many shops don't seem to stock anything above a size 40.  I have found a few, but their selection is very limited.