DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Wifi Internet Question

Posted by pmm-180394 - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by monaconigel - 5 years ago

Remember that the UK Lottery website will not allow any non-UK IP Addresses to play the lottery. It even stops you playing if it detects a UK Proxy iP Address. 

What this means is that if the lottery website detects that you are trying to play from France, Germany etc, it will stop you. It appears that the apps downloadable from the iTunes Store only let you check the results and hence they are permissable.

Sorry no image available
Posted by mlcomputers-638158 - 5 years ago

Hi pmm

I have had a similar problem to this with another customer in the past and the problem was with the Livebox. Just a very strange hardware fault with the unit.

I would take your unit to your local Orange shop and ask them to test it there and demonstrate your problem to them, and then perform the same test with their instore Livebox. If you still have the same problem instore with your box then they should replace the unit for you. If yours works fine then this suggests some sort of routing problem on your line

I did have a routing problem with a customer of SFR a few years ago where he could not access a particular site in the UK. and we traced the problem to a server in Northern France that was failing. Trying to expain this to the helpdesk though was very difficult as they are not really geared up to deal with this more unusual problem. In the end the fault cleared itself after a few days.

I am guessing that your French is good enough to go through the steps I have mentioned above. If not you could try explaining your problem to the Orange English helpline which can be very good.

Personally I would try to get a new Livebox and see if this resolves your problem

Bon Courage

Jason

Sorry no image available
Posted by pmm-180394 - 5 years ago

I have done that as well,

Sorry no image available

Hi

You could try a hard reset on your Livebox. Pretty staight forward as long as you have your Connection username and password to hand

Jason

Sorry no image available

I have rebooted every thing, un installed and re installed the app, same problem.

Tried it on a different network and it works, so must be my livebox settings but I dont know what it is.

Regards

Sorry no image available

I will try that, it is not a real problem but I was curious why it was doing it.

My phone is iphone 4s and the app works fine over 3g but just wont work on my home network, every other app works fine.

Regards

Sorry no image available

Hi pmm

I have just downloaded the Camelot National lottery app onto my iphone 5 and tested it with my WiFi connection here and it works fine downloading the results etc.

My broadband connection is with Alice

It could be a routing problem with your broadband provider. The first thing I would do is turn your ADSL box off for a few minutes and then on again and see if this corrects the problem.

If not then I would reset the WiFi connection on the handset and see if this corrects the problem.

My initial thoughts were that it was a Geographical IP problem blocking your access (similar to BBC iPlayer) but this does not appear to be the case considering the app works here

Let me know how you get on

Regards

Jason

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fashion1 - 5 years ago

please tell the whole story.

android, apple or windows and which devices.

a windows or apple desktop or lptop will not run a android app and vice-versa.

my orange wifi (domino) is only 3g or sometimes 2g and loads the islands lottery results, on both a windows desktop and android tablet. but this is the main website and not an app.

Sorry no image available

Hi

It is the UK National lottery app.

Sorry no image available

Hi pmm

What lottery app are you using?

Jason