Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


Will the computer work in the USA

Posted by Fancypaws - Created: 16 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fancypaws - 16 years ago

Thank you very much for your help!Evelyn Miller

Sorry no image available
Posted by szozu - 16 years ago

If you look at the back of your computer, you will more than likely see a little switch that goes from 220 to 120. If you've got one of those you need to switch it over (do it when you've unplugged it for packing, so that you won't forget later!), then buy the appropriate US electrical cable for it and it will work fine.

Laptops generally "know" when to switch over, as do many other items, such as flat panel monitors and digital cameras, you just need to use the correct plug

Lana (typing on a Gateway bought in the USA)