DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

window cleaner

Posted by peter57-190654 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

I have been living here in the south of France for 6 months, could people let me know there thoughts of me starting up my own window cleaning company, I need work and finding it more and more difficult,Iwould be grateful of any feedback..

Regards

Pete

P.A.Bain

Sorry no image available

1 reply

Sorry no image available
Posted by voyage-187521 - 14 years ago

hi, having been living in manchester for several years before coming back to france, i think that if your prices are close to the english ones (i paid 5 £ for a big semi, outside windows only), you'll find customers. but it is not at all usual for french customers to have their windows cleaned by somebody else like a company. Because the french windows usually open largely, so people are able to clean the outside of their windows without the need for a ladder, so they clean both sides themselves ( i am talking about private houses, i don't know abour buildings). Offering this idea to french customer would be quite a new concept, and if the job is well done and as quickly as it is in england, i think it will work. you'll need to advertise in french newspapers or locally, in french,to get the french customers as well...