Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


Working Papers - how do you get them

Posted by CGiltrap - Created: 16 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by CGiltrap - 16 years ago

Thanks so much for the advice! It's really helpful. CGiltrap

Sorry no image available
Posted by Froggy12 - 16 years ago


I don't know if you will be working in Sophia, but if it's the case, I would strongly recommend going to the Maison des Entreprises, based right next to the CERAM. They process for you the Carte de Séjour forms and all needed papers. You don't have to go queue at the Préfecture in Nice, which is a BIG plus!!! They will put you in the right directionfor any other queries you may have. Regarding Social security and Mutuelle... everything is settled by the company that employs you... normally!

Good luck!


Sorry no image available
Posted by mike-179830 - 16 years ago

As an EU citizen you have the right to work in any EU country and have no need for a work permit.

If you stay in France for longer than 6 months, you need to have a residency permit, known as the carte de séjour or the titre de séjour. The requirements are given in the link just above...

There is no legal requirement to be resident in order to take up a rental contract. However, you will generally find it tricky without a job...

If you are an employee, your taxes will be paid by your employer and all relevent codes will just sort of happen. If you are planning to work self-employed you will need be registered, but that's a whole other can of worms, so let's only go there if we need to...