DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Would you rent a large home if the owners were ...

Posted by MamaB - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by ESS-209984 - 6 years ago

We rent out a self-contained villa, and I am aware that some of our families would not come if we were on site.

My husband does the pool and garden, and one Irish lady refused to have him there while she was renting. We told her that the garden simply had to be done, it was lovely when they arrived, and needed to be equally lovely when the next family arrived - but poor hubby got there at dawn and finished almost before they got up.

Now, could it have been that she was a chain-smoker, and that our villa was specifically non-smoking I wonder? So we would not have missed anything if they had not taken it as it took ages to get the smell of smoke out the master bedroom!

So I think as long as people know you are onsite, that is not then an issue.

Sorry no image available
Posted by SunnySue-315619 - 6 years ago

It wouldn't be a problem for me at all!

Sorry no image available
Posted by LouiseLL - 6 years ago

It really wouldn't be a problem for me. I do agree with everything Ras says about being discreet, removing very personal things, etc. Good luck!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ras-214972 - 6 years ago

I once rented a villa like that for a weeks holiday. No problem with the owner been on site, but apart from meeting, I'd advise to keep out of the way and don't try to be over friendly (unless you are approached by the renters), as people like to feel the freedom without feeling watched.
Another comment is to remove all personal items from the villa like photographs etc. Someone on holiday does not want to see pictures of your children everywhere.