DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

YAHOO Mail Spam w/ possible viral attachments

Posted by BenAslan - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Phil Champ - 14 years ago

Sounds like you've been getting mail-bombed. You might want to report it to mail-abuse@yahoo-inc.com .
Phil

Sorry no image available
Posted by BenAslan - 14 years ago

Well, I did what I said two postings up thread, then deleted the two messages that were there. (Most of the mail was going directly into my Bulk box, btw)  So now I don't have any spams to deal with. 

The good news is that since I did the cut and paste with the Sender names to the Block box, no more mails have come into my account.  And, Yes, they had been coming in at a pretty fair clip earlier.

If I do get more of them, I will follow your new set of instructions.  Again, many thanks, Irishman.

Note to self:  If you want to flame Neo Nazis, do not leave a trail back to an email account that you actually use. Stupid Stupid Stupid....

Sorry no image available
Posted by irishman-180738 - 14 years ago

Ok in this case - what you need to do is:

Select the mail by checking the checkbox to the left of the sender's nameFrom the dropdown box below your messages, select "This is Spam"Click on OKThis brings up a new page which allows you to:report the sender to your ISP

and/or

add the sender to your blocklist

Job done!

/Irishman

Sorry no image available
Posted by BenAslan - 14 years ago

sorry for the confusion on the names... :-)

Sorry no image available
Posted by theresponsibleadult-188195 - 14 years ago

Hi Irish,

I had looked at that before my post here, but it asks you to enter the email address or domain of who you want to block.  Without actually opening the message, all I can see is the "Sender".

I cut and pasted the two Sender names and put them into the Block list...but is that enough do you think? 

Thanks

Sorry no image available
Posted by irishman-180738 - 14 years ago

Hi Ben,

Once you log into your mail account you should click on "Mail Options" then from this screen you can select "Block Addresses".

This way you can add the offender to your block list without opening their mails.

/Irishman