DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Anybody interested in detox, de-stress weight loss / boot camps yoga, weekend or week in June or May

Posted by mdemooy-301201 - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by matt24 - 5 years ago

sounds good to me!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Sevendaver-252003 - 5 years ago

The only way do do this is to keep the post active until we reach a critical mass of 5 people then we can share information and branch out.  Share this with friends and other interested people.  For now just stay healthy, go for a walk, make love not war and NO SMOKING.

Sorry no image available

Sounds like a great idea, keep me posted. C

Sorry no image available

On your own it is not easy.  In Canada I was the President of one of the largest running clubs in Toronto.  Since moving to France I have found it difficult to stay motivated to run, however I am cycling X 2 per week.  Maybe I could create a on-line group and send out a work out per week.  Of course I would keep it simple and explain the goal, I would make it flexy enough to add or subtract intervals, it might work.  Once per month we could all get together and run.

There is a good international club called The Hash House Harriers, they bill themselves as "a drinking club with a running problem", nice.

Many years ago I read a book called "Fit for Life", DIAMOND (authors).  It was ok however the best advise that I took from the book was "nothing but fruit before lunch".  I became the best fruit salad maker in the universe.  Adhering to the regime is not hard, it can help cleanse, it is easy on the system and seemed to be a good thing for me.

Of course by lunch I was hungry but in time I learned that a nice salad and 1/2 a bagel with mineral water was OK.  I never worried about what I had for dinner at night.  I am a drinker but try to moderate.

Remember "Life is too short to drink cheap wine" so drink and eat well.

Sorry no image available
Posted by kiks - 5 years ago

I am interested ,  especially detox and loosing weight ,I am based in Tourrettes sur loup but could go anywher  in the area.

You can email me with more details k @kiran.tv

Thanks

Sorry no image available

Hi yes,

I used to be quite good at keeping fit, but I think that is a VEREY long time ago! Now I am middle aged and lazy, but loving the French climate and wine (too much!).

We land in Ste Max at the begining of June, so be sure to swing by on your velo.

BW, Catherine 

Sorry no image available

Roquebrune SA is definitely close to St Maxime.  I quite often ride through your fair city when I am able to get out on a velo ride.  I keep threatening to start running again but somehow it just won't happen without encouragement.   Mail me direct if you like.

Sorry no image available

Hi there,

I think you are quite close to me! I am in ste maxime?

catherine 

Sorry no image available

This is a fantastic idea.  I was a fitness (spinning instructor, (5 time ironman Triathlete all that nonsense) in Toronto before moving to France 3 years ago.  I am not able to work in France due to my certification being Canadian.  I have seen huge transformation in people in a short time just by getting involved in a supportive non judgemental group.  Go for it people.  I am in Roquebrune Sur Argens, to remote for most but I encourage anyone who gets up this morning feeling awful to respond.