Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


Child Psychologist

Posted by SJ-190944 - Created: 13 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by SJ-190944 - 13 years ago

Hi Lori,

I did send you a personal message, but never sure if they are received or not.  I highly recommend you contact Chatterbox (find her number on this site) for advice.  She is an English-speaking speech therapist, and has lots of information regarding dyslexia and other problems.  I'm not so sure it's a psychologist you need in this case. 

I understand how worrying and frustrating it is to see your child having difficulty.  Good luck to you both and I hope you find some help soon.

Sorry no image available
Posted by lori-199234 - 13 years ago

This is not a response. 

However, I am looking for an english speaking child psychologist as well.  My son is 15 yrs, dyslexic, insomniac and has enormous problems with his handwriting.  He is interested in seeing someone to help him sort things out and I am desperate to find somone.  I am looking for someone in the Sophia/Valbonne, Nice, Cannes area if possible. 

Thanks so much.


very truly yours,

Sorry no image available
Posted by shaunjarvis - 13 years ago

I have one child that behaves very badly and while his school performance is going down hill rapidly. This has happened since a respected Child Psychologist gave evidence in court that I was the screwed up one with the result that the court, relying almost entirely upon the Child Psychologists evidence (we met twice briefly), gave them to a lunatic drunk ex wife with whom their life has become a misery, fraught with grief. I am sure that there are some very good ones though. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by quin-191138 - 13 years ago

Why not make contact with one of the international school as they are likely to have a SENCO- special educational needs co ordinator and would know who to contact for such testing.