DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Equivalent to UK Dettol

Posted by LMN-212936 - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by peterslavender - 6 years ago

Try website pharma express they have all sorts of dettol products and deliver, good luck

Sorry no image available
Posted by peacocks-308583 - 6 years ago

Not long ago in the pharmacy in Grasse the one in leclerc they had dettol liquid I was surprised to see it if they don't have any left the maybe able to order it in for you as they have already had it in stock

Sorry no image available
Posted by LMN-212936 - 6 years ago

Thank you RMP and also SJM.

I do have Savlon cream here,it is an antispetic liquid I am looking for. so I will go to the Pharmacy to buy the Biseptine.

Thank you for the replies.

Sorry no image available
Posted by SJM.-275126 - 6 years ago

I use Biseptine for cuts and grazes. It comes in a non aerosol 100ml spray bottle and is a clear/white liquid. It costs a little under 4 euros a bottle and lasts ages.

The coloured liquid mentioned above is called Betadine but I don't like it as it stains the skin.

Sorry no image available
Posted by RMP-206632 - 6 years ago

Cetavlon cream from pharmacies is virtually the same as Savlon. It's what I use on kids' cuts and grazes.

Sorry no image available

Yes I agree Floridan. It is just that I would prefer a recommendation from someone. There are two that I am aware of, cannot remember the name, but they colour the area of skin yellow or red. A product like Dettol or Savlon does not.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Floridian-312987 - 6 years ago

How about asking at the pharmacy? They are everywhere....

Sorry no image available

Thank you, I have just looked at the website you kindly gave. The products seem mainly for the home, and the hands. I am thinking more of cuts or grazes, wherever they could be on the body. Possibly a child's grazed knee for example.I am thinking more of an antiseptic lotion from a Pharmacy

Sorry no image available
Posted by ouch that hurt !-230853 - 6 years ago
Sorry no image available

Thank you, I had already thought of that. As I live here permanently, I would rather find something I can buy at the local pharmacy.