DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Hairy Husband

Posted by Armarie - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Armarie - 5 years ago

Graham If I gave my husband a pair of tweezers he would be unlikely to pull out more than one hair maximum. It would be the equivalent of pulling one blade of grass out of the lawn with a pair of tweezers. The Americans obviously have the whole issue buttoned up what with the facial waxing, the tanning and the teeth whitening .....

Sorry no image available
Posted by Davesjac - 5 years ago

Hi Snapshotz,. I  don't know yet of specific places to recommend for you but I would advise, depending on how you want to tackle hair removal, going to an English speaking barber or hairdresser who will cut or shave or go to an English speaking beauty salon/therapist who will wax or pluck. Laser clinics are an option for some hair and Dermatologists in France do electrolysis; a treatment that will treat all hair anywhere permanently.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Snapshotz - 5 years ago

Good question but no real answer.  As a male I would like to know where to go to get tidied up. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Graham19263-657641 - 5 years ago

I just read the post and replys, hey, leave the man alone, just give him some tweezers and let him get on with it or just do it for him ...

Sorry no image available

I couldn't agree more! Hey Men; remember to check your nose, ear and eyebrow hair as well as that area between the hairline and shoulders at the back of the neck. We women notice and it does matter and it really does take years off you if you take care of yourselves.

Waxing is a good quick fix and doesn't have to be overly painful. The treatment itself is quick and if carried out by a good therapist is something that will get you hooked. Having said that, some of the hairs, particularly nasal hairs where they are rooted too far in (as it were) will be impossible to get with wax. That's where cutting or a specific tool for the job may be necessary. With eyebrow hair, 'Dennis Healey's', as I call them...or 'fence posts' in some cases; these will need to be plucked or treated with electrolysis because the specific hair has to be removed. Cutting is alright I guess, but you can end up with stabby eyebrow hair...eew.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Armarie - 5 years ago

Well before here we were in the US and they just did (without even asking actually - it came under the heading of 'men'sfacial') where they removed nose and ear hair with wax leaving him as hairless as a baby - took about 10 years off him tbh. His nightmares after it def. worth it in my books!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tana and Adrian-274980 - 5 years ago

In my sorry experience Google Translate is not the best way to go....you may well end up advertising for a horse remover by mistake. I can, however, recommend a good divorce lawyer :)

Sorry no image available

Haha...poor guy!....mind you; poor you! You could buy him one of those nasal trimmers which are also fine for the ears. Braun do a good one. I am a beauty therapist with approx 28yrs experience and am going to be moving from the UK to the Nice area to offer mobile treatments. In my experience the only long term answer is electrolysis or laser. I don't know whether laser is suitable for the delicate nasal tissue but they will give him a consultation. Can't help you with the correct terminology....try google translate. Good luck.