Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


Health cover in France

Posted by simon6 - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

1 reply

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ras-214972 - 6 years ago

Are you working in France, retired, unemployed, etc. Do you live here full time? Do you still have a home in another country? Where do you pay your tax? Where does your income originate? Do you return to your home country and use the health service there?
You can use the French health service like a tourist by using the EHIC card, but if you are living in France in any kind of long term or permanent basis, you need to apply for a Carte Vitale. And probably consider subscribing to a Mutuelle. The EHIC card only has a limited validity (couple of years I believe).