DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Hospital costs no mutuel

Posted by gerry dalby - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Squeaky-882728 - 5 years ago

Take eurokiné's advice and see if his GP will send off to apply for 100% reimbursement via his carte vitale.

Sorry no image available
Posted by johnking - 5 years ago

Thanks to all. I am looking for a mutuelle for my friend and myself some do not kick in for some time also some will not take the over 70 .

Sorry no image available
Posted by eurokiné-187861 - 5 years ago

he will probably be eligible for an "affection longue durée" cover from the secu for his heart problems too which would give him 100%cover for anything associated with that heart problem (drugs, tests drs visits etc) He should ask his GP or cardiologist about it as a doctor has to make the demand (special form to fill in)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ba&Ke - 5 years ago

I thought it was the case that any operation which is considered vital is reimbursed 100 percent by social security. A few years ago I had a lump removed from my thyroid as they were worried it might have been malignant, which it turned out not to be. I had no mutuelle and I didn't pay a thing. I was told that this was because it could have been life threatening.

Sorry no image available
Posted by johnking - 5 years ago

As I understand you pay 20% of the ops xrays ect and 20 euros a day for food. It would good to hear from other people. On TF ONE the other day  they  said that over 30% of french people do not have any exta cover.

Sorry no image available
Posted by laughingboy-409220 - 5 years ago

Do you? I don't think I did.

Sorry no image available
Posted by JJ-183649 - 5 years ago

They may not be allowed to refuse, but you do need to complete a health history form, on your honour, and based on that they can make it more or less expensive......

Sorry no image available
Posted by laughingboy-409220 - 5 years ago

Suggest he takes out a mutuelle, double quick! Mutuelles aren't allowed to refuse cover on the grounds of pre-existing conditions...