DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

itchy skin

Posted by HandA-281266 - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by mrbluesky-229427 - 6 years ago

Moisturizing the skin, as others have said, is the key to dealing with this common and annoying situation. Other preparations you could try are Diprobase cream and Diprobath liquid. I believe available without prescription and at modest cost. These are both based on liquid paraffin but in a non-greasy/smelly formulation. If this doesn't help then there are urea based preparations but you may need to see a doctor to have these prescribed.

Incidentally if your skin is getting more and more itchy it may be worth having bloods tests checking your blood count, liver, kidney and thyroid status.
Good luck.

Sorry no image available
Posted by HandA-281266 - 6 years ago

Thanks very much for your advice. We shall certainly try this cream.

Sorry no image available
Posted by charlottenovitz-266290 - 6 years ago

Wait til your mid'70's...... You have dry skin; use a creme hydratant,
prescription or over-the-counter.
Sometimes I feel like a chimpanzee........

Sorry no image available
Posted by nissalabella - 6 years ago

I am about your age and I have, on top of chronic ezcema on my hands' palm, a sort of itchy skin on arms, legs, neck, etc... After I saw several dermatologists for my ezcema, I went to consult at the l'Archet hospital in Nice and was given, to hydrate and nourrish my skin, a cream which is found at any good chemist. The name is "Cérat de Galien", I ask for a pot of 250 grs and use it all over my body. It does not have a bad smell, is not greasy, and I even have got rid of my eczema, using it on a daily basis. A pot costs around 17 euro, you don't need a prescription for it, it seems to be one of those very old "good" medecines and, as far as I am concerned, IT WORKS!

Google the name if you want, it is very interesting.

Good luck, hope it works for you,
N.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ras-214972 - 6 years ago

Is it just in the winter time? If so, it could be low humidity inside caused by the heating.