DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Jelly Fish

Posted by LouiseLL - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by fingertipz.eu-322104 - 6 years ago

Apis is a homeopathic remedy for bee & wasp stings primarily but I´ve found it works on jellyfish stings too. My 2 are regularly stung by those little brown jellyfish. Might have to make a mix in high potency in case of a sting from one of these!!So Apis & Vinegar is the ebst thing to use. My son is a lifeguard and although they have some sort of naff cream to use this is what he will whip out and it really works! You can by Apis from health stores.Hope this helps.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ba&Ke - 6 years ago

A friend of mine got stung twice last week, once in Monaco and once in Théoule and we went to a pharmacy who told us that there are more jellyfish this year than is usual and that they are very early. What I didn't know is that you must stay out of the sun for a couple of days after being stung.

Sorry no image available
Posted by WizardofOz-226715 - 6 years ago

or a little bottle of wee-wee.... ;)

Sorry no image available
Posted by LouiseLL - 6 years ago

Thanks everybody! I'll definitely carry a small bottle of vinegar around with me. I get really badly molested by mosquitoes in the summer, luckily jellyfish are a little more unusual.

Sorry no image available
Posted by SunnySue-315619 - 6 years ago

Vinegar is also great for all insect stings (mosquitoes!). It really stops the itching if you put it on immediately.

Sorry no image available
Posted by mumcat-245637 - 6 years ago

Hi there, yes vinegar is the remedy. I always take a small amount with me when I go to the beach which has helped several people in the past. Ignore the urine posting as it is just an old wives tale! Hope thi helps,

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ba&Ke - 6 years ago

In England they use vinegar (the life guards in Brighton apparently keep great vats of it!).

Sorry no image available
Posted by GreenLeaf-314739 - 6 years ago

urine, if not the real thing, then synthetic.