DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Looking for an English speaking female doctor (GP)

Posted by smp-188813 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

For a while now I have been looking for a good female doctor (GP), obviously English speaking, anywhere between Nice and Menton. I have seen a number of doctors but their English is not good enough and in medical matters it's especially important to be able to really understand each other :-)  So if you have found someone you would like to recommend I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Sue

Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by stonertj - 12 years ago

Hi Nona, just saw your message re female doctors, am also looking for female gynie, can you email me details: stonertlhg@yahoo.co.uk

Many thanks

Tammy

Tracey

Sorry no image available
Posted by smp-188813 - 14 years ago

Hi Christopher,Thank you so much for your recommendation, it sounds good. I will let you know by private email how I get on.Have a good daySue.

Sorry no image available
Posted by ChristopherL-188542 - 14 years ago

Sue: I've e-mailed you the details of a super female GP close to you.  She's French/German trained and has practised in California so her English is very good.  She's very lighthanded on medication and lovely with kids.  She comes highly recommended from 2 mothers I know.

Sorry no image available
Posted by smp-188813 - 14 years ago

Thanks to all of you for your replies.  I was not aware of the legal ramifications surrounding my request :-)  So if you have recommendations please send me an email directly. 

To Tracy, thanks for your prompt reply but Antibes/JLP is a little too far to be practical for me since I am at the Italian border end of the Riviera.

Best regards,

Sue

Sorry no image available
Posted by Admin-179828 - 14 years ago

The French Ordre des Medicines prohibits the publishing of the contact details of medical practitioners. Both the doctor in question and AngloINFO could face legal punishment for doing so.

Please use the e-mail link to send details of doctors you recommend.

Riviera Medical Services can also provide information on English speaking doctors. See This Page 

-----
Forums Administrator
forums@angloinfo.com

Sorry no image available
Posted by Nona-185684 - 14 years ago

Hi,

I seem to remember we aren't supposed to print details of doctors and dentists, don't know why (? admin)

Will email my doctor's phone no. if you still need it. Let me know.

Nona

Sorry no image available
Posted by Katherine-186137 - 14 years ago

Hi Sue

Excuse me for latching on to your topic but I just logged on to write the exact same message so if anyone reading knows of a good female doctor near Cannes please advise also.

Ta

Katherine