DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Medical Emergency

Posted by carolineailbe-311440 - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lots-322716 - 5 years ago

Despite what others will tell you, she is not entitled to free treatment in France, emergency or otherwise, without producing the correct documentation. If French residents aren't, what makes you think a non-French resident is??

So she doesn't have an EU health card or travel insurance? It's pay privately in total, I'm afraid if that's the case which is the whole point of the card and insurance.

Sorry no image available
Posted by WizardofOz-226715 - 5 years ago

Why don't you just bring her to your (or any GP)? This will cost her 26€ - It's not much even if she doesn't get it back - and a lot better than waiting 4 hours(or more) in casualty. The Gp will prescribe all the antibiotics/dressings she needs. - Some Gps even do stitches....

Sorry no image available
Posted by carolineailbe-311440 - 5 years ago

Thanks, Eurokine. Much appreciated.

Sorry no image available
Posted by carolineailbe-311440 - 5 years ago

Thank you but we've gotten medical advice from a surgeon at home who's examined a photo of the cut and advised to leave it overnight and reassess in the morning based on swelling at that time. So since we don't have to rush to casualty, and there's absolutely no risk of losing a limb here, I'm asking for advice on where's a good place to go for the treatment my friend is entitled to as an EU citizen, free of charge. That's the information I'm looking for.

Sorry no image available
Posted by eurokiné-187861 - 5 years ago

She may have to pay up front but she will be given a paper which will enable her to get reimbursed b her local health authority backe "home" as an EU citizen