DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Mutuelle Recommendations/Auto Entrepeneur

Posted by Liz T - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Liz T - 5 years ago

Thanks very much for the advice! Much appreciated. Liz

Sorry no image available
Posted by Sarah S-306737 - 5 years ago

Hi Liz

I am AE and can really recommend Cegema. In France there are brokers who speak to you and listen to your personal needs regarding a Mutuelle. You do no pay for their service and they take the comission from the Mutuelle company instead but they are not tied to a company either so do give great advice and you often get a much better deal going through these guys than doing it online etc. I used a guy called Philippe Saujot 06 75 91 25 81 (french speaking only) and he a 'Courtier en Assurances' based in Nice. He got me a great deal and was really honest.

Hope this helps.

Sorry no image available
Posted by laughingboy-409220 - 5 years ago

How do you mean, 'go via RSI'?

I don't think RSI is in the business of offering discounts!

There are loads of different policies and it really is a personal decision as to which suits you best - what is best for someone else isn't necessarily best for you. The best thing for you to do is to spend an afternoon googling, get half a dozen quotes, compare the premiums and the cover, and pick the one that suits you best. It will depend on your medical history and what you expect your future needs to be, and how much cover you want (do you want to cover dental, optical etc or just basic hospitalisation) balanced against how much you are prepared/can afford to pay in premiums.

Some companies e.g Allianz and others advertise special 'AE' complementaires - their marketing pitch claims that the prices are lower because AEs are a 'good risk' because self-employed people tend to have less illness than average.

However, I very rarely (touch wood) go to the doctor and my broker (MMA) does a policy that if you don't claim more than a certain amount over the year, you get an automatic rebate of (I think) 33% of the annual premium at the end of the year. That's the one that suits me best.

Sorry no image available

Hi Louise!

Thanks again for the advice!

Did Cegema give you any discounts as as Auto Entrepeneur? Did you need to go via RSI?

Cheers,

Liz

Sorry no image available

Hi Andrew!

Thanks  for the advice. Did you need to go through RSI for this company? Did RSI offer any discounts?

Cheers,

Liz

Sorry no image available
Posted by LouiseLL - 5 years ago

I'm with Cegema for my mutuelle and they're great.

Sorry no image available
Posted by MandarineWeb-92353 - 5 years ago

Hi Liz,

You can choose anyone you like but Mutelle Bleu seem to be favourites with RSI (that's who I am with).

Regards

Andrew