DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Mutuelles: Recommendations?

Posted by szozu - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Admin-179828 - 14 years ago

A reminder that names and contact details of medical personnel MUST NOT be published on this Forum.

Several messages have been deleted. Our apologies, but it is restriction of the Ordre des Médécins.

-----
Forums Administrator
forums@angloinfo.com

Sorry no image available
Posted by szozu - 14 years ago

Well, I went to a kiné a few times (covered 100%) and found it a laughable waste of my time! I'm sure it depends on the practitioner, but my experience was being hooked up to a machine while the kiné twiddled his thumbs in the other room!

I found one mutuelle that said they covered osteopathy, but it was for a maximum of 4 sessions a year and they only paid 25 EUR per visit. I realize the French system prefers that I drug myself rather than seeking actual resolution for my muscular pain, but I'm still hoping I can find something that will at least partially cover the cost for the type of health care I need! Back when I lived in London, the osteopathic school had a clinic with very low rates. I wish I could find something like that here!

Lana

Sorry no image available
Posted by legend_in_my_lunchtime-182603 - 14 years ago

I'm pretty certain you won't get a "mutuelle" in the strict French sense of the the term to cover for massage or osteopathy.  If the massage is from a kine responding to a doctor's prescription, your mutuelle just might pitch in for some of the (large) proportion that the CPAM do not cover.  However, this does NOT apply to osteopaths unfortunately.  Typical rule of thumb for mutuelles is that they won't pick up anything at all if the CPAM didn't take anything - this will certainly be the case for osteopathy and massage (unless as specified above).