DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Recommendation of a fantastic hairdresser in Nice

Posted by Kattis-219484 - Created: 10 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by cigalle - 6 years ago

I have lived here for 35 years and I'm still looking, i have never come out of any hairdressers here with exactly what I wanted plus two months of hot humid weather really doesn't help. Maybe a wig is the answer !!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Frou-Frou - 6 years ago

Hello Ladies! All your messages and good comments prompted me to make an appointment - which I did with Kate. I took the train from Cannes this morning and , to my surprise on arrival at the salon, was told that she was ill today.....of course, disappointment for me! However, her husband Arno cut my hair and did a decent job, and was very pleasant indeed but I must admit that my mind was set on Kate. Surely, there must be a decent hairdresser in Cannes! If you know of one, please reply! Many thanks!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Elena - 6 years ago

Michaelh - does Jonathon Forbes still work in the area? I tried calling the number, but no response so I am not sure whether I should continue trying. Thanks in advance!

Sorry no image available
Posted by LisaD-206782 - 7 years ago

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for recommending Kate & Arno at Identity. I finally went today after months of following this thread, and can now say that I have finally found my salon in Nice! Thank you all, and especially thank you Kate if you have a chance to finally read this thread. I love my cut, colour (first time having hair coloured, and definitely satisfied), and style. See you again soon.

Cheers

Sorry no image available
Posted by nigs-290809 - 7 years ago

I'd also love to know the answer to this? di you get any responses?

Sorry no image available
Posted by miss*moxie - 7 years ago

I'm so glad to find this discussion thread. I've been searching out salons for 2 months! As a newcomer, can anyone tell me what tipping etiquette is for salons in France? Is it customary, and if so, at what percentage?

Sorry no image available
Posted by lenio-282703 - 8 years ago

For anyone near the Italian border there's a great hairdresser in Ventimiglia - Manuele. They speak French and Italian and do fantastic colour and great cuts. I went to T&G for years and was looking for something similar around Monaco but to no avail until a friend recommended here - half the price too! They're on 10, V Ruffini Jacopo and the number is 0184351029.

Sorry no image available
Posted by lfb-230909 - 8 years ago

I could not agree more - I used to go to Nicky Clarke in Mayfair so expectations were high & was not disappointed. Real understanding of face shape & hair type, very friendly, great products & for an amazing price - still can't believe its such good value - 48 euros for proper & leisurely wash cut & expert blow dry. Brilliant!

Sorry no image available
Posted by michaelh-184806 - 8 years ago

my wife uses Jonathon Forbes for all colour and cut and everything, she has told me to write here that he is fantastic as he listens to what you want then tells you what will suit you.
He comes to the house.
his number is 06 14 43 31 38

Apparently he does a lot of the super super rich and if hes good enough for them he's good enough for my wife (again I have been told to write that! )

Sorry no image available
Posted by pjones-226613 - 8 years ago

I second that. He has cut my friends hair several times and she looked great and was totally thrilled. I tend to choose Kate as I like to discuss with her in English different colours and styles etc. Arno also speaks good English, but I am just used to Kate! Enjoy your time there. I was there Saturday.