DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Shops similar to Boots

Posted by RAic - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Josephine Mackenzie - 6 years ago

What a pity you can't appreciate the excellent service provided by most pharmacists here. I often find a few words with the pharmacist saves a visit to the doctor, and more often than not minor medication is much cheaper here than in the UK. You will also be offered a choice of a brand name or a generic. It's pretty easy to compose what you want to say before you go, just do an online translation.

Sorry no image available
Posted by RAic - 6 years ago

I will definetely try it

thank you

Sorry no image available
Posted by Oggy1-207880 - 6 years ago

Hello , you can get quite a lot of things off the shelf ( for colds, cold sores, cystitus etc. ) from the large chemist in Cap 3000 and the prices are not to bad.

Hope this helps. Juliana

Sorry no image available
Posted by RAic - 6 years ago

thank you, it's what I've been doing so far but delivery is expensive (£7-£12) and of course you don't know what you are going to need in advance! It's just annoying....

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ras-214972 - 6 years ago

Don't exist, unfortunately. You can't even buy an aspirin off the shelf. The answer of course, is to stock up when you find yourself in the UK.
Or you can use a UK based mail-order pharmacy (a legitimate one - not the fake blue pill types) to order UK off-the-shelf medications.