DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Waterproof Mascara (that really works)?

Posted by WizardofOz-226715 - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by SuperStar49 - 6 years ago

Clinique offer an amazing waterproof mascara

http://www.clinique.co.uk/product/1606/5320/Makeup/Mascara/Lash-Power-Mascara-Long-Wearing-Formula/index.tmpl

it literally stays on until you used warm water on it to take it off.

Great stuff and 16£! bargin!

Sorry no image available
Posted by KellyLashes - 6 years ago

Hi! Just seen your post and I can suggest a few great ones! I really reccommend make up forever smoky lash mascara waterproof, from sephora, pricy but worth it! Amazing! Also holds a curl well! (I use this personally). Any Lancôme waterproof mascaras are also amazing and completely waterproof as I tried and tested all and are fabulous! I'm yet to find a mid price range one that works as good?! The only tip I can share is you shall need a good oil based make up remover or cleanser to remove completely :) Hope you find one that suits! ;) Kelly :)

Sorry no image available
Posted by LeighA - 6 years ago

MAC makes a great one too.

Sorry no image available
Posted by WizardofOz-226715 - 6 years ago

awww - thank you girls - that's really helpful!!
I'm off shopping tomorrow so I'll see if I can find any of these - thanks again

Sorry no image available
Posted by knorra - 6 years ago

I got one by Make Up For Ever (that's the way they write it) in Sephora - can't rembember the price - apparently the pros use it on models;
it certainly stays on - in fact, the problem is more getting it off! Think indelible concrete.It's not quite fine enough for my taste, but daughter says that's because I'm a moron who doesn't know how to apply it - she could be right (and I can cry with abandon at the insult - because my mascara doesn't run)! Only cos we're worth it (gag).

Sorry no image available
Posted by RAic - 6 years ago

hi there

during the summer I was using a mascara from the Carrefour range of make up (Les Cosmetiques). It cost around 6-7 euros. Had it on whilst swimming and it stayed put. Could only remove it with a special make up remover.

Also recently bought a Maybelline mascara (cil a cil, red tube, around 9euros) although this was by mistake (I didn't notice it was waterproof!). So not tested in water but after washing my face before bed, it was still on and once again had to use the waterproof remover.

Hope you'll find something that suits you; I know it can be very disappointing when you buy new cosmetics and they don't work as you had hoped! Just remember; more expensive doesn't necessarily mean better quality :-)