DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Where do I get a Blood Test?

Posted by robberae - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Geoff Stroud - 5 years ago

There is a lab accross from the pharmacy on the main road

Sorry no image available
Posted by robberae - 5 years ago

Thanks everyone for your advice, really appreciated.  All sorted now.

Sorry no image available
Posted by quinebee - 5 years ago

There is a Lab in Roquefort les pins. As for price ,it depends on the tests. Hope this helps.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Sarah S-306737 - 5 years ago

I live in Nice and when instructed to have a blood test by the doctor then you have to take the prescription to a Laboratoire de biologie medical analysis. These are found all over Nice and other areas and if you goole this you will find your closest one but you can go to any and not have an appointment. I think this is the ususal way here to have test, I am currently having to go alot to these as i am currently pregnant. If you have a Carte Vital then you will not need to pay (unless you are going without a prescription) but if you haven't then you will pay. My first preganay blood test came to 200 Euros but this was for about 6 different blood tests. 

Hope this helps

Sorry no image available
Posted by robberae - 5 years ago

Thank you very much for your response.

Sorry no image available
Posted by laughingboy-409220 - 5 years ago

Most communes have a nurse who does blood tests.

It may not be the same everywhere but the system I have come across is, the nurse comes to your house and does the tests, then she sends the samples to the lab, then you can collect the results either from the lab or from your chemist a day or two later.

Paying the nurse to do the blood tests isn't expensive - but depending on how many different analyses you need, paying the lab for the results is!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Admin-179828 - 5 years ago

If you can help, you must remember to e-mail your replies; in accordance with French regulations, names and contact details of medical personnel must not be posted publicly in the Discussions