DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Anyone else having Sky reception problems?

Posted by LoveNotWar - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fashion1 - 5 years ago

Yes, sky and freeview stations are moving to a tighter beamed satellite over the islands up north.

This is in response to the illegal viewing (see sky's terms of service) and advertisers on freeview having there adverts seen by a  population they are not advertising to, thus wasting there money.

In the near future, a 100 or 120cm dish will be needed, and hopefully, the advertisers, tv staions and governments will come to agreements to create laws or ordinances to control this. Such as requiring planing permission for installation above 60cm (all you need to pick up french freeview if you are not in an area covered by TNT or Canal+)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ben@CDC - 5 years ago

A friend of mine is a sky installer and he was saying the other day that sky are in the process of changing satellites. this will disrupt signal while they're doing this apparently. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by bsms06 - 5 years ago

Hello, I am having our dish etc done at moment have been having this problem for over 2 months usually ok during the day but at night cannot get a few of the channels so hopefully they will resolve it will get back with my result today.

Sorry no image available
Posted by ESS-209984 - 5 years ago

We are in Mouans Sartoux, and reception is clear as a bell.

Perhaps those extremely high winds a week or so ago knocked your dish out of allignment?