DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Automatic / robot vacuum cleaners - any advice?

Posted by NuttR - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

I've seen a few around now but they're extremely expensive.  Has anyone actually bought one?  I'm thinking about getting one given that our house needs cleaning twice a day on average given all the animals and kids we have.  I'd hate to spend a fortune on something that turns out to be useless...

Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by smallboy-188719 - 14 years ago

&gt1; Has anyone actually bought one?Yeah, they suck.

Sorry no image available
Posted by stgeorge-182529 - 14 years ago

You seem to have covered most options except a complete career change which will allow you more time at home to supervise - are you certain that the cleaning lady isn't just sitting in the kitchen with your wife all day sipping sherry ? My ex cleaning lady used to send her daughter round to do when she had other commitments - I never had cause to complain !How on earth will you cope over the summer holidays - a Robot is a nice idea as long as it looks like Lara Croft ?

PS. You don't have to get a Swedish au-pair you know , there are other nationalities , especially in the Eastern Bloc !!

stgeorge

Sorry no image available
Posted by TonyP-191937 - 14 years ago

Dont get a robot, both the cat and the kids will think its a new toy.Tony

Sorry no image available
Posted by NuttR - 14 years ago

Used to have a Dyson funnily but it only last about a week before it broke.

Employ a cleaning lady to sort your domestic lives out and discipline the children

Already got one thanks

Advertise for an energetic Au-Pair to live in - good with kids and animals

Would like to but wife doesn't agree

Get used to the mess , change the spouse for someone who doesn't whinge about it - whose house is it anyway ?

Now you're talking!  Perhaps I could run off with the au-pair?

Don't buy so much rubbish to entertain the kids 'cos you haven't got time - live more minimalist and tell them to put their toys away or you'll have a bonfire once a week ( barbie dolls, fischer price, my little pony , gameboys, DVD's , CD's ,etc etc

I just bulldoze their junk every night back into their rooms.

get some kennels for the dogs

Done, but dog never uses it.

get a cage for the parrot

Cat ate the parrot

get some aquariums for the fish

cat again

get some insects for the iguanas

also cat

get some mice for the python

have to get a python first

get an old blanket/armchair for the cat/s

already done

get some straw in the loft for the dormice

cat got there first

get some hanging 'stickies' for the flies

also done (the long tubular ones you are supposed to use on olive trees).  I give them to the dog once they're full and tell him they are "meat sticks".

Sorry no image available
Posted by stgeorge-182529 - 14 years ago

There are a variety of solutions to your problem :

Employ a cleaning lady to sort your domestic lives out and discipline the childrenAdvertise for an energetic Au-Pair to live in - good with kids and animalsGet used to the mess , change the spouse for someone who doesn't whinge about it - whose house is it anyway ?Don't buy so much rubbish to entertain the kids 'cos you haven't got time - live more minimalist and tell them to put their toys away or you'll have a bonfire once a week ( barbie dolls, fischer price, my little pony , gameboys, DVD's , CD's ,etc etcget some kennels for the dogsget a cage for the parrotget some aquariums for the fishget some insects for the iguanasget some mice for the pythonget an old blanket/armchair for the cat/sget some straw in the loft for the dormiceget some hanging 'stickies' for the flies

Don't buy a Dyson - if you don't want to  see the entrails of last nights party swirling around , or give the cleaning lady 500 Euros to sort you out with a suitable aspirateur !

stgeorge