DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Beautiful crumpets...

Posted by Froggy12 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Crystal Balls-184435 - 14 years ago

Same crumpets available in Geoffrey - cheaper than carrefour tooCB

Sorry no image available
Posted by Froggy12 - 14 years ago

Hmmm! Might have to go to Grasse very soon too ;-) Did not notice Leclerc had all these products for sale... Oh dear, goodbye diet....Froggy12

Sorry no image available
Posted by angel-187474 - 14 years ago

Merci buckets Chatterbox!  I have to go to Grasse soon ... so will be popping into Leclerc's I dare say!

Thanks again

xx. A

Sorry no image available
Posted by Chatterbox-190278 - 14 years ago

Angel,

Don't know about Carrefour, but Leclerc in Grasse has real golden syrup in their foreign food section (and custard powder, baking powder, cheesecake mixes, jelly, Cadbury's milk chocolate, fruit and nut, flake, etc etc but no "English" bread, muffins or crumpets that I've noticed).

Happy shopping

Sally

Sorry no image available
Posted by angel-187474 - 14 years ago

Hi Twizzel .... could you tell me if Carrefour have the golden syrup to go with the crumpets?  If so ... what's golden syrup known as in French?  Now my mouth's watering!

xx. A

Sorry no image available
Posted by Froggy12 - 14 years ago

I found the Hovis crumpets in Carrefour today! Looking forward to my breakfast tomorrow morning!

Thanks again to you all!

have a great day!

Froggy12

Sorry no image available
Posted by Twizzel-185350 - 14 years ago

Carrefour in Antibes had some hovis crumpets this week ( they were yummy dripping with butter and golden syrup :-)

Sorry no image available
Posted by MSM2000UK-181816 - 14 years ago

Try Mister Brian in Monaco. If he doesnt have them, he will get them within a week. If you need more info, email me.

Max

Sorry no image available
Posted by theresponsibleadult-188195 - 14 years ago

I have not seen real crumpets here.  Only pale, spineless imitations.

If you are up to a little work, crumpets are not difficult to make at home and don't take too long either (about 1 hour).  I have done it myself so I know from experience.  You can freeze them too, so it's good to make a batch and freeze the ones you don't use immediately.

Here is a good recipe.

Emptied, well-cleaned, bottoms removed, tunafish (or something like it) cans work well as replacements for the egg-rings.

Hmmmm...now I'm having a crumpet craving...

**Mummy told me once too often that I wasn't setting a good example; now I just strive to be a terrible warning.**