DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Buying a 'Kindle' in France

Posted by LMN-212936 - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by ouch that hurt !-230853 - 6 years ago

Got mine on amazon fr, (cheaper than amazon uk) set it up in Englsij & ordered 1st book in English, apparently from amazon uk no problem

Sorry no image available
Posted by George F - 6 years ago

You decide on the language of the Kindle as part of the set up process. And we have been able to buy from amazon.co.uk.

By the way, you can buy a Kindle in the Virgin store in Nice.

Sorry no image available
Posted by annotaine-311735 - 6 years ago

I had to move my Kindle account to Amazon.fr when the Kindle became available here. There are thousands of books in English available on the French site. You can also download books onto your computer and transfer them to the Kindle. It's lovely being able to carry an entire (and varied) library everywhere I go: doctor's office, café, waiting in line for whatever.

Sorry no image available
Posted by job-212223 - 6 years ago

Just a warning to anyone going to the states to buy the newest Kindle, DON"T. My sister bought the new Kindle from Chicago, when she got it home to the uk she could not set it up and then read on the internet that the newest Kindle only works in the USA. She's had to send it back to the shop for a refund!!! By the way this is not the Kindle they advertise on uk tv for around 89 pounds, there is an updated one from that in the USA. Also the same applies for the new Kindle Fire tablet, they too only work in the USA!!!!!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by infrance06 - 6 years ago

I buy Kindle downloads and other books from the amazon Uk site all the time! I live in here and never had a problem .

Sorry no image available
Posted by les lucioles - 6 years ago

Unfortunately, you can't get anything from the kindle shop on Amazon.uk send here. They won't send you the books either. I bought mine from Amazon.com (US). No problems there, and once you have it, you can buy the books either from Amazon.com or Amazon.fr. Their (amazon.fr) assortment of english language books seems to grow by the day. I love mine, and the fact that the UK won't send electronics over here is hopefully not going to stop you from getting one. If you're not sure, you can always check out the available titles in the Amazon.com kindle shop first.

Sorry no image available
Posted by kamerling - 6 years ago

As far as I am aware, you can change language to English on the Kindle itself.