DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Cable for satellite dish?

Posted by Grumpy-226054 - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Grumpy-226054 - 6 years ago

Thanks for the replies about radio channels.
Returning to my original query about good quality cable for a satellite dish, I've been asking around and it seems the only type in use down here is 17VATC. I've asked aerial/dish installers, wholesalers and places like Castorama and Leroy Merlin and they all say that 17VATC is the one they use. However, I've been told in GB and elsewhere that WF100 is the best type to get. Can someone tell me whether this 17VATC is same quality as WF100? I know that I can buy WF100 online from GB and guess that this might work out cheaper. However, quality is my main consideration and I don't mind paying a little over the odds for 17VATC if it's just as good and if I can buy it locally.
Thanks in advance ...
G

Sorry no image available
Posted by mcgreen - 6 years ago

they are listening to Radio 4 now and looking forward to the Archers omnibus in an hour or so. Perhaps a re scan of the Satellite by your decoder is necessary. Anyway fundamentally they are still available so you just need to figure out which bit is not right at your end, don't give up!

Sorry no image available

Thanks.
Well, some of them are there but the BBC radio channels are not.
G

Sorry no image available

They are. Perhaps you need to press a different button on your receiver remote control!

Sorry no image available

Thanks for the reply ... also to the gentleman who sent an e-mail.
I went into a Castorama today and they have 19PATC but I understand this is not as good as WF100. In any event, I've joined two lengths of my old high quality coax: I know that joining is not ideal but the signal quality is as good as it was at my previous location in Var.
Have been without UK TV for a couple of years and was surprised that the radio channels are no longer available. With Internet radio this is not a problem but I'm curious to know why they are not coming in.
G

Sorry no image available

You can get it in Casto.