DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Computer problems

Posted by Ron T-262215 - Created: 7 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by GAnthony - 7 years ago

Ron, good that your Neuf box is working OK. The problem seems to be in your setup for e-mails. Suggest that you delete the old, and setup a new e-mail account. The fact that there is a message mentioning 'pop.orange.fr' indicates your mail client is looking in the wrong place to find your e-mails. I would think that the e-mail client should be looking at 'smtp.sfr.fr' and 'pop.sfr.fr' rather than orange. Perhaps the repairman has reset your e-mail servers to 'orange' in order to make a test.

Sorry no image available
Posted by sava7 - 7 years ago

try to swich off all antivirus and firewalls progrms -it may be blocks you inet connection///

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ron T-262215 - 7 years ago

Dear GAnthony and Floridian many thanks for your comments and advice, we have a SFR Neufbox and I have connected my wife's laptop computer into it and it works perfectly. When I turn on my computer and attempt to access the internet or emails it comes up with " Task pop,orange.fr sending report error ox800cccod unable to find e-mail server can not renew IP address" any one have any ideas how to solve this problem ? many thanks Ron T.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Floridian-312987 - 7 years ago

We had the same and it was the power supply to our Free box. They sent a replacement in 4 days.

Sorry no image available
Posted by GAnthony - 7 years ago

Ron, if the computer is up and running OK, the problem most likely resides in your internet connection box. First of all check to see if you have a working phone line. If so, then the ADSL/Modem box has probably suffered damage too. Depending which internet service provider you have signed up with (Orange, Free, Alice etc), you should call them and ask them to run a test or provide a replacement box. Good luck.