DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Decent looking Bathroom accessories?

Posted by pandora's box - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Does anyone know where I can find decent looking bathroom accessories such as soap dishes, loo brushes, loo rubbish bins, that type of thing?

Also, if anyone knows of the best place to buy contemporary ceiling fans, any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by steph75-182837 - 12 years ago

Leroy Merlin has a good range and even Castorama. They also have ceiling fans.

Bought my contemporary ceiling fan from Keira opposite Antibes Carrefour.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Suzanne C-192641 - 12 years ago

There is a nice bathroom shop in Monaco, rue Grimaldi.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Cassini-187302 - 12 years ago

If you do cross the border. Try Borea Vallecrosia (side of Conad) and Moro in Bordighera - you could also look at Rossi in Vallecrosia too.

Sorry no image available
Posted by stephaniemole - 12 years ago

Try Fly and Ikea... Good Luck!Stephanie Mole

Sorry no image available
Posted by pandora's box - 14 years ago

Thank you - I do agree and I guess that would have to be next step.  I will exhaust France possibilities first, before going over the border.

Good day to everyone.

P.S. Just have to comment that I went to Carrefour last night to buy a new washing machine & dryer, went first to the Services Financiers to open a Carte Pass account, then went to choose the washer & dryer, and in both instances was completely bowled over by the friendliness & helpfulness of the staff.  I got a call from the delivery people at 8:30 this morning to confirm the delivery appointment.  Makes a nice change!

Sorry no image available
Posted by reinrev5 - 14 years ago

If you have time, for the bathroom accessories, drive along from Ventimiglia in the direction of San Remo. Lots of interesting places along the road.

The Italians have far more taste in decoration than the French do.

Reinrev

Sorry no image available
Posted by kfulwell - 14 years ago

They've a great selection of funky bathroom accessories at Fly. Good prices too.Can't help you with the ceiling fans, but interested to see other people's replies.Kate

Sorry no image available
Posted by wendy-179831 - 14 years ago

Hi, you could try JCD Creations Cote d'Azur at 127-129 rue d'Antibes, Cannes. Tel: 04 93 39 23 24 (details here: http://riviera.angloinfo.com/af/51/ )

Fairly classic (and some flamboyant) styles although not a massive range. Aside from the big stuff like spas and baths they also have bins, soap dishes etc. May be worth a try if you're in the area - it's the far end of rue d'Antibes (same side as FNAC) as you walk away from the Palais.

Sorry no image available
Posted by pandora's box - 14 years ago

Many thanks for that, I've been there already and was hoping that I might have a second choice!  But, it seems to be THE place.

Thanks again

Sorry no image available
Posted by hope-186232 - 14 years ago

Try Leroy Merlin on the RN202 next to the big Carrefour at Lingostiere they have all you have spoken ofyvonne