DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Furniture Shopping

Posted by twelbourn - Created: 16 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by kiddell - 16 years ago

Go to XXL - there's one at St Laurent, near Cap 3000 - modern designs and not too pricey.

Sorry no image available
Posted by szozu - 16 years ago

Oops, when I wrote, "There are some shops in Cannes on rue d'Antibes..." I actually meant rue Hoche.

Lana

Sorry no image available
Posted by szozu - 16 years ago

I've haven't been too successful in finding nice stuff here that didn't break the budget. Luckily, I shipped my furniture when I moved here, but I do have a couple of rental apartments that I've had to buy odds and ends for.

There are some shops in Cannes on rue d'Antibes that sell some nice living room furniture, but it's probably expensive. Sifas, looks like they might have some interesting stuff, but I've never gone in. Roche Bobois is not cheap either, but it's worth a visit, though it's really a matter of taste. You can try Bois et Chiffons. There's one in Cannes at the end of rue d'Antibes, and I imagine other places as well. http://www.bois-et-chiffons.fr/

As to beds, there are a few nice beds in the La Redoute catalogue. I assume you're looking for the bed frame and not just the mattress and box spring, which is another matter.

Here it seems that furniture is either very cheap of the Fly or IKEA variety, or very expensive. In the medium-priced shops like Conforama you can find a few pieces that are acceptable in terms of style, but they're all very standard in design--nothing that you'll fall in love with! There are a few shops that sell Eastern stuff that are worth rooting around in, but a lot of it is rustic and very heavy.

Lana