DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Gas water heater which one is the best

Posted by citic-213768 - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Earthling-217786 - 6 years ago

Ensure you used an authorised installer!

Sorry no image available
Posted by citic-213768 - 6 years ago

We are in Nice and will be renovating our kitchen / bathroom soonish and we have a storage tank in the bathroom that is nearly as big as the bathroom. A friend of ours has a gas water heater and he loves it but for me ive never used them and only seen them once.
yes when we buy one we will need someone to instal it , sure Morter

Sorry no image available
Posted by B_Morter - 6 years ago

I'm not sure what the australians have done to them but i assure the quality has not slipped with bosch.

But those reviews don't even make sense as there is no pilot light on the modern bosch boilers.

Like i say before i would need to know which models you are referring to before i can comment further.

Saunier Duval boilers always used to be awful but they may have changed recently as i haven't been interested in them to look.

Another good european boiler is Viessman, www.viessmann.fr

Sorry no image available
Posted by Floridian-312987 - 6 years ago

Unless you want to go to Australia and purchase it, or the US, or GB.

www.saunierduval.fr

Sorry no image available

You type in Google " Gas water heaters" and see how many reviews you get dude

Sorry no image available
Posted by Floridian-312987 - 6 years ago

An Australian site? Get real dude, you are in France, read French reviews as they are more than likely made in Europe, not 6000 miles or more away (china or australia). Hate to say it, but I would rather purchase a product "made in France" than "made in Australia".

An Australian site,, really?

Sorry no image available

hello Morter
I looked on an australian site which reviewed bosch 10 /16 gas heaters and of the 6 reviews they said the pilot light would go off or the water wasnt hot enought , but they did say that the models 10 year old were working well , I am just thinking that perhaps the quality has slipped ?

Sorry no image available

It depends what low end models you are referring to.

I moved to Nice about 4 months ago so i'm learning what is good here and what isn't.

10 years prior to moving here i have been installing Worcester-Bosch boilers which are the english eqivalent to e.l.m. leblanc in the UK and even the low end models are still one of the best boilers on the market for domestic or small commercial installations.

Although that may not be the case with e.l.m. leblanc.

But i am curious which models in particular you have heard this about?

Sorry no image available

Thanks for the information , i see that they are owned by Bosch , I have done my research on the bosch gas water heater the low end ones didnt have a good report

Sorry no image available

Hello,I know that "e.l.m. leblanc" are a good manufacturer of central heating boilers that can also produce hot water.
Is this what you were after or literally just an appliance with the how water production but not central heating?
Just incase i will paste a link so you can see the product for yourself.
I have left some spaces in the link because i'm not sure on angloinfo's policy on providing links to other websites.
www. elmleblanc. fr/chaudiereCondens.asp?id=StellisCondens
any questions feel free to contact me.
B.MORTERRIVI-Air & Water