DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Gravel

Posted by Tudor's mum - Created: 15 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tudor's mum - 15 years ago

I'm sorry...I didn't see your reply. My husband just told me about it last night.

I believe the area we want to gravel in is 11 sq meters. I will try to get measurements tonight when hubby gets home. It's easier to do together. :)

Sorry no image available
Posted by dublinmike-182617 - 15 years ago

Agreed. Ciffreo Bona, Materiaux Reunis and SoSaCa all sell gravel by the ton and deliver too.

As a guide most grades fit into a price window of 17-20 euro per tonne and delivery will cost you about 40 euro or so for up to 30kms-ish. (CB prices

A ton of gravel in bags will cost you 25 x 40Kg x 5Euro = Euro 125 plus you have to lug it yourself. Euro 125 will buy you 3 ton delivered to the door.

Think about running a layer of GeoTextile under it as gravel is the World's Best Weed Bed, and try to get at least 2 inches of depth.

Send your measurments and I'll come back with recommended quantity or if you need more help, let me know.

Mike

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tudor's mum - 15 years ago

Thank you so much! This is a big help. Money is tight this month; bank and agency fees are ridiculous!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Seeker-184579 - 15 years ago

Antoine Quintane, on the route de Valbonne, near Plascassier also sell gravel by the part-ton, and they deliver.  Much cheapert than buying bags in hardwre/DIY places.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jan-181414 - 15 years ago

I use SRMT in Le Rouret. They are reliable and prices are good.

Tel 04 93 77 20 67

And if you ask nicely they will give you a 20% discount.

Jan

Anything for a peaceful life