DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Help - Adsl in Roquefort Les Pins

Posted by marti-185664 - Created: 15 years ago
0 0

Help, we need some advice, does anyone know how to get adsl in Roquefort Les Pins if your french is not good enough to read a french site???  Thanks in advance

Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by irishman-180738 - 15 years ago

Anybody on here living in Le Bar Sur Loup (06620) with ADSL?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Shanwick - 15 years ago

Hi,I'm also in Roquefort les Pins and have just signed up with Free Telecom at 29.99 Euros/month and they supply the modem. If you put your phone number into the following page (bottom right) it will tell you if you can get ADSL. I'm on Parc Wanda and can get 512kb here.Brgds

Sorry no image available
Posted by marcandjen-180991 - 15 years ago

Hi, I'm in Roquefort les Pins and pretty much as far from the central server as you can get and the adsl works great. The 45 Euro France Telecom deal at 512kB is fast and reliable and super super easy to install. The kit arrived within days of ordering it and we were up and running immediately. Have since lost the number we called to make it all work but it was not so hard.

Sorry no image available
Posted by legend_in_my_lunchtime-182603 - 15 years ago

Marti,

According to France Telecom, your postal code (I am assuming 06330) IS covered for ADSL.  However (there is alwways a catch), Roquefort les Pins is one of those newly developed communes where very many of the lotissements and houses are far from the "centrale téléphonique" and therefore the ability for ADSL to work is dependent on a line by line test.

(for the tech-interested among you, FT will gurantee ADSL if the line loss is no more than 63db and as their poorer quality cabling falls off at about 15db/km, then you need to be usually within 4 km of the exchange).

Anyway - the only way to know for sure in Roquefort les Pins is to have an individual line test.  Send me e-mail if you like Marti with the telephone number you want ADSL on and I'll ask FT to run a line test on your behalf.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Nadil - 15 years ago

I could be wrong - but I don't think it available in your area yet. My reason for saying so is the following link:

http://www.adsl-france.org/jldupont/bled/list.php3?sort=1

It's an online petition demanding ADSL services in areas that are not yet covered...and Roquefort Les Pins is on the list. Maybe other Anglo members can offer more accurate input?