DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Help my pool is green!

Posted by newmum05 - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by newmum05 - 6 years ago

The pool is giving me a headache!!! If it still does not clear up the next post I will be making is in the giveaway section " Giving away my green pool, whoever wants it come and take it away!"

Sorry no image available
Posted by eurokiné-187861 - 6 years ago

anticipate changes in your pH levels with all the rain we have just had diluting your pool water :-(

Sorry no image available
Posted by thinklucky - 6 years ago

Theres Clarificant you can buy that clears it - New Mum , mine has now cleared having got the PH right means Chemicals work correctly otherwise you are throwing money down the drain it seems - fingers crossed it stays that way!

Sorry no image available
Posted by DOVV - 6 years ago

Hi,We had the same problem and used chlore rapide choc and then floculant. That got rid of the green, but the water's still cloudy...I hope this helpsWould anyone have any suggestions to,get the water clear?Thanks

Sorry no image available
Posted by JJ-183649 - 6 years ago

Floculent worked for me.......

Sorry no image available

Thinklucky I did the contra algae and chlor shock it did not work perhaps the ph was not right at the time. I will try this again. Let me know what happens to yours. if this doesnt work then i will try the oxygen actif, hahah i am getting desperate then after all this i'll go to the piscine sos!!!
I also tried just pouring a bottle of super klar no effect!

Sorry no image available

Thank you all for all the replies. The pool was so bad in the beginning I could hardly see the bottom very cloudy and dark green, we have been cleaning it for weeks now, scrubbing the bottom then the vacuum cleaner ll day for almost 2 weeks now, the water is very clear now and I can see the bottom of the pool but the color is light green sometimes in the bright sun it is very very light green but never a shade of blue. I could definitely say it was blue last year from the photos. it's just a bit tiring now and Im getting frustrated as I want it ready for summer. I will give it another week and try more chemicals.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ben@CDC - 6 years ago

If it was very green to start with and you treated it with alot chlorine then the problem is probably that your testing kit is reading the chlorides rather than the chlorine. With alot of algae in the water any chlorine you add binds rather than clears. You will need to get rid of any remaining algae and then treat the water to bring it back to health. So add anti algae, allow it to work then add chlorine, make sure you can smell the chlorine on the water to make sure it is active and then wait. It might go cloudy for a day and it'll take 2-3 days to look good again and it'll need a good vacuum after.

Sorry no image available
Posted by hermosabeach - 6 years ago

How green is your pool? If it is just light green, it may be from all of the yellow pollen in the air (yellow + blue = green). For the past couple of weeks, we have had lots of pollen, and our pool is a light shade of green until we put in Super Flock and clean it. Then, a couple of days later it is light green again. Luckily, it should all be over in a few weeks.

Sorry no image available
Posted by thinklucky - 6 years ago

Does Oxi-Actif really work, I've just checked it out on net for reaction to Liner Pools (mine is) and it seems to indicate its short term, best for small pools and needs continual input, plus addition of other treatments such as Chlor......it also suggests its "Non-irritant"......http://www.guide-piscine.fr/construire-sa-piscine/oxygene-actif-eau-piscine-produit-desinfectant--504_A